Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Entry 5

This evening the humans had a visitor. His name is Joe. Joe is a gentleman who comes to fix the fireplaces when they stop working. There happens to be a fireplace right next to my cage, so naturally when Joe came down to work on my fireplace I tried to engage in some sort of interaction. He seemed very focused and every few minutes or so he'd engage with one of the humans - updating them on the condition of the fireplace and chatting about their families. Boring conversation I might add.

I thought I'd liven things up a bit and share my food pellets with Joe. He seemed hungry. I threw a pellet outside of my cage. He didn't notice. I threw out another one. It hit his shoe. Again, he ignored me. "HELLO HUMAN! I am sharing my food with you!" I decided to be a but more forceful and kicked my food out of the cage. Joe looked my way! I smiled and jumped just so he'd know I was pleased with him. He looked confused as if I had done something wrong. I was sharing my food with him, why didn't he get this? "You bunny is a lively one" he said to the humans. They laughed and agreed. Doesn't anyone understand me?!

Out of frustration I kick some more food out of my cage. At this point I have a full fledged mess outside of my cage. It pleases me. OCD -  successful again. Joe finally talked to me and tried to pet me. I let him. Humans are so sensitive, any sudden movements and fear shoots through their veins. I am a harmless little rodent with a cute face and long eye lashes, I'd never purposely harm a human. Well, not today anyway.

I am pretty sure Joe didn't understand why I was throwing food at him, but maybe next time he'll take it - just to appease me. :) I am pretty thankful - he did et the fireplace up and running, so now I can chill by the fire - as my late sister Nadia used to do.

Until Next Time,

Colbie

No comments:

Post a Comment