Monday, January 13, 2014

Entry 4 - Love

My human came downstairs last night, shoved her face into the sofa and sobbed. I stopped throwing my cardboard treat (a paper towel roll) to assess the seriousness of the situation. Any other night when or if people enter my room (the humans call it the Den) I will immediately assume noise position and begin chewing and grinding my teeth on the cage. I feel as if this gives a clear sign I do not want to be bothered an therefore they are to leave my territory. However, I think they are confused. They normally just say," shhh. Colbie, it's night time." Or they pour me more food. The latter I have no issue with... It's the fact that 'it's night time' has no resignation with me. I am a rodent and am nocturnal. It's who I am....

Tonight, I stopped to listen. She had her face buried in her hands which were planted on the sofa. I mostly heard sobbing until I faintly heard her say,"Nadia I miss you." I could hear the brokenness in her voice and heard her gasp loudly for air. I've never heard such a painful cry. There was nothing I could do now but stay quiet. My human finds me super cute this way - when I'm stretched out and 'fake sleeping', so I decided to do that for her. I kept hoping she'd look over and notice. A few moments had passed and the sobbing finally slowed down and her breathing began to become constant again. My feline sister jumped up onto the couch and bumped her head into our human's. My human looked up and smiled. She recognized the loving gesture from her cat. And right then she looked over to me. I assumed the 'cute position'. I opened my right eye just a tinge so I could see if she noticed me. She did! And not only that, her reaction was better than expected. She whispered,"Colbie, you are so precious. Sweet bunny. I love you." She said some loving things to Piper the Puma (the feline) and carried her up the stairs. I didn't pay much attention to what she said to Piper but what she said to me had my heart skip a beat. I remember always hearing her go up to Nadia, whether she was in a deep sleep or not and tell her, 'Nadia, I love you. You are the love of my life. Sweet puppy.' I hope her heart feels as full as mine does right now. I'm so lucky to live with humans and see what this Love thing is all about. 

Colbie

No comments:

Post a Comment